Join the Board of Directors October 30, 2017
Accepting applications/nominations now thru Friday, March 30
Volunteer with AIGA Minnesota in 2018. We are strong because of our volunteers. AIGA Minnesota is a 100% volunteer-run organization and in the past 12 months more than 100 AIGA members have volunteered for the chapter in some capacity giving freely of their time, expertise and resources. Their passion is the lifeblood of the organization.
We’re looking for local design leaders and enthusiasts to step up and commit to a term of service to help shape the future of the Minnesota chapter.
Serving on the Chapter board
– Commitment: A two year agreement to serve on the Chapter board, as well as the time, motivation and dedication to make a difference in the community you live and work in.
– Responsibility: You are part of and representing the Minnesota design community. AIGA Minnesota’s Board of Directors is a body elected of and by the members, which holds the association in trust for AIGA members past, present, and future.
– AIGA Membership: All active Chapter board members are to be members of AIGA. Directors (voting) are required to join AIGA at the Supporting level or higher. Associate Directors (non-voting) are required to join at the Contributor level or higher.
– Show Up: Support your fellow board member’s passions, projects & programming. Board members are asked to attend as many chapter events as possible.
You’re already a part of AIGA. You commit your resources to membership and participate in chapter programming. Consider the next step and volunteer to help us shape our community while growing as a leader, designer, and collaborator.
Applications/nominations are due Friday, March 30, 2018.
The Treasurer oversees the overall financial health of the Chapter and acts as advisor to and liaison between Chapter board and Chapter financial resources and systems. Advise board in financial matters to ensure that Chapter programs and activities are fiscally viable; establish long-term financial goals for the Chapter; and ensure alignment of local financial goals with national AIGA initiatives as well as local Chapter purpose statement.
Director of Communications
The Director of Communications oversees the development and implementation of AIGA Minnesota communications, strategies, and the communications to support our members. S/he ensures communications are in alignment with AIGA and AIGA Minnesota’s missions and goals. Works to present a clear, unified voice that is in the best interest of the chapter and consistent with AIGA ethics and communications guidelines.
Associate Director of Programming Opportunities
The Associate Director supports the Chapter board in identifying internal and external programming partnership opportunities and leads efforts to develop these opportunities into events and programs that are in the Chapter’s best interest and of benefit to membership.
Associate Director of Registration
The Associate Director supports the Chapter board and its initiatives and programming efforts by building online event registration systems, post-event surveys and mass emails to event registrants based on AIGA Minnesota’s programming needs. The Associate Directors works in close collaborations with the Chapter Programming directors and event committees.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Not ready to commit to joining the board of directors quite yet?
We’re also looking for members to join various committees to support AIGA Minnesota’s programming and initiatives. Specific roles and time commitment will vary by committee.
Opportunities currently available:
– Design Camp®
– Design Show
– Luncheon Lectures
– Emerging Designers (0-5 years of experience)
– Established Designers (5+ years of experience)
– Design for Good
To apply for one of the positions posted above, contact AIGA Minnesota’s Secretary. You will be asked to submit your resume and answer questions about your volunteer and leadership experience.
Applications/nominations are due Friday, March 30, 2018