Creativity. Relevance. Legacy.
The Expert Designers Committee exists to enhance and create AIGA Minnesota programming of special interest to designers with 15 or more years of experience. Many experienced designers are incredibly busy, but still recognize a need to stay creative, run their department or business more efficiently, maintain relevancy within the changing marketplace, and give back to the community. AIGA is here to help with events, news, and resources that will enable expert designers to sharpen their design and business skills.
If you have 15+ years of design experience and ideas for programming, we want you
Join the AIGA Minnesota Expert Designers Committee and lend your wisdom as we craft new programs and edit existing ones so they will be even more relevant to you, the expert designer. Also, share how you think the overall design community can tap the depth of knowledge of experienced designers. Some areas to be covered are:
- Programming initiatives (including Standing on Shoulders, Career-Topping Experiences, and Vino with Veterans)
- Evaluation of current programs and goals
- Recognition of the legacy of our chapter
- Involvement in the chapter’s Mentor Program
- Development of career-enhancing opportunities
Meetings are held at 12 noon, the third Wednesday each month, at the table next to the elevator on the basement level at IMS. Contact us if you’d like to join us. International Market Square 275 Market Street Minneapolis, MN 55405 For questions, contact [email protected].
Interested in Volunteering?
Formerly known as the Veteran Designers, this group is comprised of practicing designers with 15+ years of experience. Entrepreneurs, in-house designers, studio creatives, and contractors, are encouraged to join this committee and offer ideas about programming and activities that appeal to expert level designers. This group is responsible for launching new ideas such as Career-Topping Experiences and Lunch with a Legend. Help select guest presenters and venues to enhance programming and refresh interest in all things design. Expert Designers meet at International Market Square at noon once a month to plan upcoming events.
- Evolvedesign : A Roundtable on the Evolution and Future of Graphic Design in Minnesota
View an edited video of this January 2011 event.
- Design Smoke is an online video series searching out innovators in the worlds of Design, Culture and Invention. We interview everyone from authors, fire starters, designers, photographers, window dressers and explore a broad cross-section of engaging individuals through relaxed conversations.
- Free Position Papers and Podcasts
- AIGA Professional Resources
- AIGA Design & Business