By attending an AIGA event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
When good design connects with powerful strategy, the results are truly electric!
Enter the 2019 AIGA Minnesota Design Show today to show us the power of your design. Entry deadline is
July 24th, 2019.
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Entries due July 31, 2019.
Judges Panel Discussion and Design Show: August 7
A reception to premiere and display the winning entries and celebrate the Minnesota design community will be held on August 7, from 7:00-9:00 pm. A panel discussion with the esteemed judges at 6:00 pm precedes the reveal of selected work. Note that limited tickets will be available for the panel discussion.
We are excited to announce that we will be providing limited free submission entries to Design Show 2019 and free attendance at the August 7 judges panel and reception in Minneapolis for individuals identifying as members of under-represented groups as it relates to race/ethnicity, gender identity, ability status, socioeconomic class, and/or veteran status.
Entry recipients will be selected by members of the AIGA Minnesota Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Applications are due by July 22.
Meet the Judges
Types of Entries and Entry Categories
Any items printed or produced between May 2016 and July 2019 are eligible for submission.
- Single Entry: A single, stand-alone piece.
- Campaign Entry: A series of conceptually related pieces, judged as a group.
- Student Entry: Work completed while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution during the eligible time period.
- Print (annual reports, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, invitations & announcements, etc.)
- Interactive (websites, apps, tablet design, kiosks, interactive exhibits, etc.)
- Motion Graphics (broadcast graphics, film titles, music videos, animation, video graphics)
- Publications (editorial, books, magazines, covers & jackets, etc.)
- Branding (stationery/business systems, identity marks, etc.)
- Environmental Graphics (signage/wayfinding, outdoor advertising, trade show exhibits, retail environments etc.)
- Packaging (consumer goods, CDs and DVDs, etc.)
- Advertising (print or digital)
- Illustration & Infographics
- Miscellaneous (invitations/announcements, illustration, apparel, photography, typeface design, etc.)
- Campaign (a series of conceptually related pieces covering one or more categories, judged as a group)
Categories are provided to help assist in the submission process and do not represent the full range of design work accepted for consideration. Submit your entry based on the category that most closely describes it.
Individuals and businesses in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Manitoba may enter. Entrants need not be AIGA Minnesota members, however, members get a discount for both entry fees and event admission. New members are eligible for the discounted member rate, but must join prior to submitting entries. Visit www.aiga.org/join for more information on becoming an AIGA member.
To avoid duplicated entries, work from a campaign or series may be entered as individual pieces or as a unit, but not both. Logos are the exception: they may be submitted individually and also appear in materials submitted in other categories.
- Single Entry: $55 members, $80 non-members
- Campaign Entry: $80 members, $110 non-members
- Student Entry (single or campaign): $25 members, $40 non-members
2019 AIGA Minnesota Design Show Volunteers
AIGA Minnesota sincerely appreciates the support of our dedicated volunteers who have contributed to this year’s Design Show.
- 2019 Design Show Chair:
- Committee Volunteers:
- AIGA Minnesota Director of Legacy Programming:
About the Design Show
The AIGA Minnesota Design Show highlights the most exceptional design work being produced in the Upper Midwest and showcases the power of design in today’s culture. This competition is independently judged by leading design professionals from across the country and is structured around the entry’s ability to solve the problem of communicating both design’s effectiveness and aesthetic appeal. Selected entries are presented at the Design Show’s opening reception.