2013 AIGA (Re)design
November 3, 2013
On October 10, Minneapolis hosted the international 2013 AIGA (Re)design Awards Show to celebrate and honor design solutions that help shape strong communities, sustainable environments and thriving economies. This graphic design show acknowledged the incredible design work being done with sustainable and social intent, and educated designers on what designing sustainably really means. The competition’s focus on the Living Principles for Design shows that designing sustainably goes beyond recycled paper and vegetable-based inks, to addressing real impacts on the environment, people, economy, and culture. By exposing more designers to these ideas, we hope to address the important role they play in designing a better future. The 34 winning entries will live on as case studies to inspire even more designers.
Among the winning entries, AIGA Minnesota is proud to count 9 local designers/firms:
- ThinkDesign Group (Linda Henneman & Brittney Schneider) for their Think More. Use Less. mailer
- Replace (Jeff Johnson and Andy Weaver) for the Tea.Co-op website
- EPIC (team: Kris Lindquist, Lauren Buckley, Matt Woestehoff, Paul Sieka, Ali Rogers, Colin Steinmann, Darrell Eager, Michael Simon, Haley Kilgour) for the Youth Farm rebrand
- D-sign/Stephan Faerber for the Modern Carnivore brand identity
- Cue (Kate Arends, Alan Colvin, Ed Mathie) with Tait Subler and Hen’s Teeth, for Earthjustice brand voice
- SmashLAB for the Ensia.com online magazine
- FourFive/Rita Penrod, and Craig Johnson for Ever-Green Energy and District Energy St. Paul brochures
- Ideas that Kick (Stefan Hartung, Brian Beatty, Danielle Tornquist) for Bear River Valley packaging
- LT Media Lab for North of 60° and Earthducation online learning environments
Did you miss out? You can still catch a glimpse of a sample of winning entries at the Third Thursday event at Minneapolis Institute of Arts on November 21.