About AIGA Minnesota
Founded in 1977 as the Minnesota Graphic Designers Association (MGDA), AIGA Minnesota is one of the largest AIGA chapters in the nation, serving members in Minnesota and the upper Midwest. AIGA Minnesota is the first place to turn for inspiration, professional development, and excellence in design in Minnesota. Our mission is to advance design as a professional craft, strategic tool, and vital cultural force. We encourage the exchange of ideas and information among professionals involved in design and other related fields. From design fans to the profession’s leading practitioners, AIGA members come from all backgrounds, all fields, and all levels of experience. Our members include designers, strategists, students, educators, writers, photographers, illustrators, printers, prepress, and paper manufacturing/distribution. AIGA Minnesota offers a wide range of programming to serve the needs of our diverse membership. We offer education and events that promote excellence in design and opportunities for students and professionals to grow and to network. AIGA Minnesota is a chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design. AIGA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
AIGA Minnesota Chapter Values
Nurture an inclusive and unbiased environment with a commitment to justice and equity.
Lean on us.
Be a place of community and support to share knowledge through engagement and collaboration.
Cultivate relationships with like-minded organizations and institutions for combined action and participation.
Grow your passion.
Encourage and instill confidence in individuals to enjoy life through making and creating
International Market Square 275 Market Street, Suite C-21
Minneapolis, MN 55405 USA [email protected]
- 2016-2019: Katrin Loss, President 1
- 2014-2016: Jenny Price, President
- 2012-2014: Jenny Schmitz-Hinshaw, President
- 2010-2012: Seth Johnson, President
- 2008-2010: Christina Jackson, President
- 2006-2008: Jim Madson, President
- 2004-2006: Amy Anderson, President
- 2002-2004: Scott Geiger, President
- 2000-2002: Joelle Sather (née Anderlik), President
- 1998-2000: Doug Powell, President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2014)
- 1996-1998: Dan Woychick, President
- 1994-1996: Grant Pound, President
- 1992-1994: John DuFresne, President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2012) 2
- 1990-1991: Paul Wharton, President
- 1988-1989: Jo Davison (née Strand), President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2014)
- 1986-1987: Carol Capistrant, President 3
- 1985-1986: Mark Odegard, President, MGDA
- 1984-1985: Bruce Rubin, President, MGDA
- 1983-1984: Heather Olson (née Soladay), President, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2012) 4
- 1982-1983: Robert “Bob” Fleming, President, MGDA
- 1981-1982: Dale Johnston, President, MGDA
- 1980-1981: Timothy “Tim” Larsen, President, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2007)
- 1979-1980: Patrick Redmond, Chairman > President, MGDA 5
- 1978-1979: Peter Seitz, Chairman, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota [first] Fellow (2000)
- 1977-1978: James “Jim” Johnson, Chairman, MGDA
- 1976-1977: Timothy “Tim” Larsen, Founding Chairman, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2007)
Notes: 1. Three-year term 2. 1992-1994 First time AIGA Minnesota President is two-year term 3. MGDA becomes AIGA Minnesota (AIGA Minnesota Chapter) in 1986 4. First female president 5. Although elected with the title “Chairman”, title was changed from “Chairman” to “President.”