About AIGA Minnesota
AIGA Minnesota is the professional association for designers in Minnesota and the upper Midwest. Founded in 1977 as the Minnesota Graphic Designers Association (MGDA), AIGA Minnesota is one of the largest AIGA chapters in the nation.
AIGA Minnesota creates programming, professional development opportunities, and social/networking events for designers looking for inspiration and connection. We welcome everyone interested in our ever-expanding design field: graphic design, web design, strategy, design thinking, UX/UI, branding, illustration, photography, video, SEO, animation, game design, etc. Our members come from all backgrounds, all fields, and all levels of experience and include designers, strategists, developers, students, educators, and representatives from marketing, advertising, digital channels, printing, and publishing.
AIGA Minnesota is a chapter of AIGA, the professional association for design. AIGA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
AIGA Minnesota Our Purpose — who we are, what we do, and for whom
AIGA MN is an inclusive source of connection, inspiration, and support for every designer in Minnesota.
We promote the passion and power of design.
Our Vision — what we aspire to and why
We create community that empowers all designers to create a more beautiful, equitable world.
AIGA Minnesota Chapter Values
Nurture an inclusive and unbiased environment with a commitment to justice and equity.
Lean on us.
Be a place of community and support to share knowledge through engagement and collaboration.
Cultivate relationships with like-minded organizations and institutions for combined action and participation.
Grow your passion.
Encourage and instill confidence in individuals to enjoy life through making and creating
International Market Square
275 Market Street, Suite C-21
Minneapolis, MN 55405 USA
- 2016-2019: Katrin Loss, President 1
- 2014-2016: Jenny Price, President
- 2012-2014: Jenny Schmitz-Hinshaw, President
- 2010-2012: Seth Johnson, President
- 2008-2010: Christina Jackson, President
- 2006-2008: Jim Madson, President
- 2004-2006: Amy Anderson, President
- 2002-2004: Scott Geiger, President
- 2000-2002: Joelle Sather (née Anderlik), President
- 1998-2000: Doug Powell, President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2014)
- 1996-1998: Dan Woychick, President
- 1994-1996: Grant Pound, President
- 1992-1994: John DuFresne, President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2012) 2
- 1990-1991: Paul Wharton, President
- 1988-1989: Jo Davison (née Strand), President; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2014)
- 1986-1987: Carol Capistrant, President 3
- 1985-1986: Mark Odegard, President, MGDA
- 1984-1985: Bruce Rubin, President, MGDA
- 1983-1984: Heather Olson (née Soladay), President, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2012) 4
- 1982-1983: Robert “Bob” Fleming, President, MGDA
- 1981-1982: Dale Johnston, President, MGDA
- 1980-1981: Timothy “Tim” Larsen, President, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2007)
- 1979-1980: Patrick Redmond, Chairman > President, MGDA 5
- 1978-1979: Peter Seitz, Chairman, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota [first] Fellow (2000)
- 1977-1978: James “Jim” Johnson, Chairman, MGDA
- 1976-1977: Timothy “Tim” Larsen, Founding Chairman, MGDA; AIGA Minnesota Fellow (2007)
Notes: 1. Three-year term 2. 1992-1994 First time AIGA Minnesota President is two-year term 3. MGDA becomes AIGA Minnesota (AIGA Minnesota Chapter) in 1986 4. First female president 5. Although elected with the title “Chairman”, title was changed from “Chairman” to “President.”