COVID-19 Update March 12, 2020
Ensuring the health and safety of the creative community is AIGA Minnesota’s highest priority.
As we have been monitoring COVID-19 over the course of the past month, it has become clear that the virus is spreading quickly within our communities.
We are following guidelines set forth by the WHO, CDC, and the Minnesota Department of Health and as a result, AIGA Minnesota has chosen to take the following steps to minimize exposure and do our part to prevent the spread:
- All in-person events are cancelled through April, including Portfolio 1-on-1* and the remainder of the Insights Lecture Series*
- All board and committee meetings will be moved to phone/video calls
AIGA Minnesota is currently researching options to make events accessible remotely in the coming months. And our hope is to continue to bring programming and inspiration to you while practicing social distancing.
We will post the most up-to-date information here.
*If you purchased tickets to one of these events, watch your inbox for additional communications around refunds and exchanges.
Events Currently Affected:
- Insights Lecture Series, Hassan Rahim [Canceled]
- Insights Lecture Series, Veronica Ditting [Canceled]
- Insights Lecture Series, Ruben Pater [Moved to Webcast Only]
- AIGA National Conference [Postponed]
- Portfolio 1-on-1® [On Hold]
Steps you can take to prevent illness
The CDC recommends the following to help prevent illness from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough; cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as door handles.