Wed, Jun 15th, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
By attending an AIGA event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
You’ve plucked the most succulent Pantones and made them bleed. You’ve blended bitmaps and pureed pixels into mouth-watering designs. You’ve squeezed until creative juices were oozing from your ears. You’ve discarded the pulp and preserved the sweet, sweet nectar. It’s time to gather your juiciest work and enter it in the AIGA Minnesota Design Show 2016.
Final Extended Deadline! Online & physical entries should be submitted by May 23, 2016.
Make plans to come to the show on June 15 and see the fruit of your labor, mingle, and have a drink. There will be great work. There will be laughter. There will be juice.
Judges Panel Discussion and Design Show: June 15
A reception to premiere and display the winning entries and celebrate the Minnesota design community will be held on Wednesday, June 15 at 7:00-10:00 pm the Solar Arts Building. A panel discussion with the esteemed judges precedes the reveal of selected work at 6:00 pm. Panel discussion moderated by John DuFresne, AIGA Fellow 2012. Note that limited tickets will be available for the panel discussion — secure your spot by registering early.
Meet the Judges
Types of Entries and Entry Categories
- Single Entry: A single, stand-alone piece.
- Campaign Entry: A series of conceptually related pieces, judged as a group.
- Student Entry: Work completed while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution during the eligible time period.
- Interactive (web sites, blogs, community, mobile, edirect/viral)
- Motion Graphics (broadcast graphics, film titles, music videos, animation, video graphics)
- Print (brochures, direct mail, posters, print ads, etc.)
- Publications (books, magazines, annual reports, newsletters, catalogues, etc.)
- Branding (stationery/business systems, identity marks, etc.)
- Environmental Graphics (wayfinding, outdoor advertising, exhibitions, etc.)
- Packaging (consumer goods, CDs and DVDs, etc.)
- Miscellaneous (invitations/announcements, illustration, apparel, photography, typeface design, etc.)
- Campaign (a series of conceptually related pieces covering multiple categories, judged as a group)
Categories are provided to help assist in the submission process and do not represent the full range of design work accepted for consideration. Submit your entry based on the category that most closely describes it. Work is not judged on category but on effectiveness of design. Only items printed or produced between April 2014 and April 2016 are eligible for submission.
Individuals and businesses in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Manitoba may enter. Entrants need not be AIGA Minnesota members, however, members get a discount for both entry fees and event admission. New members are eligible for the discounted member rate, but must join prior to submitting entries. Visit www.aiga.org/join for more information on becoming an AIGA member. Only items printed or produced between April 2014 and April 2016 are eligible for submission.
To avoid duplicated entries, work from a campaign or series may be entered as individual pieces or as a unit, but not both. Logos are the exception: they may be submitted individually and also appear in materials submitted in other categories.
- Single Entry: $50 members, $75 non-members
- Campaign Entry: $75 members, $100 non-members
- Student Entry (single or campaign): $25 members, $40 non-members
Chapter Level Sponsor
2016 AIGA Minnesota Design Show Volunteers
AIGA Minnesota sincerely appreciates the support of our dedicated volunteers who have contributed to this year’s Design Show.
- 2016 Design Show Chair:
- Committee Volunteers:
- AIGA Minnesota Director of Legacy Programming:
About the Design Show
The AIGA Minnesota Design Show highlights the most exceptional design work being produced in the Upper Midwest and showcases the power of design in today’s culture. This annual competition is independently judged by leading design professionals from across the country and is structured around the entry’s ability to solve the problem of communicating both design’s effectiveness and aesthetic appeal. Selected entries are presented at the Design Show’s opening reception and are showcased online for the following year.
Need inspiration for your entries? View the recent Design Show Award Winners here. Follow @aigamn #designjuice for up-to-date information. Questions? Email [email protected] for more information.