By attending an AIGA event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
It’s time to submit your most inspirational work for Design Show 2021!
After a year like no other, AIGA Minnesota Design Show is back — and for 2021, we’re featuring an entirely new approach to highlighting Minnesota’s diverse design community.
For this year’s Design Show, teams of “curators” from both inside and outside of the graphic design community will shine a spotlight on unique visions of the power of design.
Submit the pieces that represent your authentic voice and make you most proud. From these entries, our panel of experts will curate a Design Show that will spark your imagination!
- What: Up to three of your best design pieces from the past two years
- Submission Fee: Free and Pay-What-You-Can
- Entry Deadline: October 16, 2021
Virtual Panel Discussions and Design Show: November 10
Save the date for a night of virtual panel discussions with the curators as they reveal their selections for this year’s Design Show.
Mark your calendars for November 10, 2021 to get your first look at all of the selected entries and a virtual celebration of the Minnesota design community. Registration to attend the Design Show will open soon.
Meet the Curators
Types of Entries and Entry Categories
Up to three designs printed or produced between July 2019 and July 2021 are eligible for submission.
- Single Entry: A single, stand-alone piece.
- Campaign Entry: A series of conceptually related pieces, judged as a group.
- Student Entry: Work completed while enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution during the eligible time period.
- Print (annual reports, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, invitations & announcements, etc.)
- Interactive (websites, apps, tablet design, kiosks, interactive exhibits, etc.)
- Motion Graphics (broadcast graphics, film titles, music videos, animation, video graphics)
- Publications (editorial, books, magazines, covers & jackets, etc.)
- Branding (stationery/business systems, identity marks, etc.)
- Environmental Graphics (signage/wayfinding, outdoor advertising, trade show exhibits, retail environments etc.)
- Packaging (consumer goods, CDs and DVDs, etc.)
- Advertising (print or digital)
- Illustration & Infographics
- Miscellaneous (invitations/announcements, illustration, apparel, photography, typeface design, etc.)
- Campaign (a series of conceptually related pieces covering one or more categories, judged as a group)
Categories are provided to help assist in the submission process and do not represent the full range of design work accepted for consideration. Submit your entry based on the category that most closely describes it.
Individuals and businesses in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Manitoba may enter. Entrants need not be AIGA Minnesota members, however, members get a discount for both entry fees and event admission (where applicable). New members are eligible for the discounted member rate, but must join prior to submitting entries. Visit aiga.org/join for more information on becoming an AIGA member.
To avoid duplicated entries, work from a campaign or series may be entered as individual pieces or as a unit, but not both. Logos are the exception: they may be submitted individually and also appear in materials submitted in other categories.
Each designer may submit up to three entries. Other team members are encouraged to submit additional designs under their own names.
Note that submitters must have been part of the design team (or be submitting on behalf of the design team). While we value the work of non-design creatives, Design Show is limited to the people who performed the design work. Thank you for your understanding.
In an effort to make this year’s Design Show the most accessible and inclusive ever, entry fees are priced on a pay-what-you-can basis. Regardless of your ability to pay, we want all designers to submit their most inspirational work. If you are able to help support AIGA Minnesota’s work for the design community, we recommend the following contributions.
- Single Entry: $50 members, $80 non-members
- Campaign Entry: $80 members, $110 non-members
- Student Entry (single or campaign): $20 members, $40 non-members
2021 AIGA Minnesota Design Show Volunteers
AIGA Minnesota sincerely appreciates the support of our dedicated volunteers who have contributed to this year’s Design Show.
Committee Chair: Brock Ray
- Heather Antonovich
- William Evans
- Ludvik Herrera
- John Mindiola
- Yeng Moua
- Maren Nelson
- Tim Nichols
- Ryan Ouradnik
- Mykl Roventine
- Emily Shern
- Denise Shouse
- Maryam Yazdi
About Design Show
The AIGA Minnesota Design Show highlights the most exceptional design work being produced in the Upper Midwest and showcases the power of design in today’s culture. This competition is independently judged by leading design professionals from across the country and is structured around the entry’s ability to solve the problem of communicating both design’s effectiveness and aesthetic appeal. Selected entries are presented at the Design Show’s opening reception.