By attending an AIGA event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
Accepting applications/nominations now thru Sunday, September 30
Volunteer with AIGA Minnesota in 2018. We are strong because of our volunteers. AIGA Minnesota is a 100% volunteer-run organization and in the past 12 months more than 100 AIGA members have volunteered for the chapter in some capacity giving freely of their time, expertise and resources. Their passion is the lifeblood of the organization.
We’re looking for local design leaders and enthusiasts to step up and commit to a term of service to help shape the future of the Minnesota chapter.
Serving on the Chapter board
– Commitment: A two year agreement to serve on the Chapter board, as well as the time, motivation and dedication to make a difference in the community you live and work in. It is hard work yet rewarding as you cultivate a network in the area and beyond thanks to the nation-wide network of AIGA chapters.
– Responsibility: You are part of and representing the Minnesota design community. AIGA Minnesota’s Board of Directors is a body elected of and by the members, which holds the association in trust for AIGA members past, present, and future. We are committed to having an inclusive community embracing different perspectives and viewpoints. And we are equally dedicated to providing a safe and productive experience for everyone who participates in AIGA and to treating everyone with respect.
– AIGA Membership: All active Chapter board members are to be members of AIGA. Directors (voting) are required to join AIGA at the Supporting level or higher. Associate Directors (non-voting) are required to join at the Contributor level or higher.
– Show Up: Support your fellow board member’s passions, projects & programming. Board members are asked to attend as many chapter events as possible.
You’re already a part of AIGA. You commit your resources to membership and participate in chapter programming. Consider the next step and volunteer to help us shape our community while growing as a leader, designer, and collaborator.
Applications/nominations are due Sunday, September 30, 2018. (extended deadline)
Ready to commit?
Apply now or contact us for more information on any of these positions that will be opening up on the Chapter board. Volunteers are also needed to support various Chapter programming and initiatives throughout the year.
Director of Membership
The Director of Membership ensures Chapter membership activities are aligned with AIGA national initiatives as well as local Chapter goals. The Director acts as advisor to and liaison between Chapter board and Chapter membership to ensure Chapter activities meet the needs of the membership. The Director develops membership growth strategies and oversees any Chapter activity measuring member satisfaction in collaboration with AIGA ambassadors.
Director of Career Practice
The Director of Career Practice oversees Chapter programming efforts and initiatives that serve the Career Practice needs of membership segments in terms of their Career Stages (e.g. emerging, expert) and Career Specialties (e.g. in-house, solopreneur, UX/Digital). The Director will ensure that programs and initiatives generated for the benefit of these segments are developed in the Chapter’s best interests, are open to all members, are sustainably produced and within budget. Further, the Director will ensure that programs align with Chapter objectives by offering benefits including inspirational, educational, and networking opportunities to the membership. The Director will consult with the Associate Directors of Career Stages and Career Specialties overseeing the respective segments and committees.
Director of Development
The Director of Development sets the strategic framework for chapter development goals and opportunities and leads the development committee to meet those goals. Leads the Chapter’s efforts to identify, pursue, and secure sponsorship partners, and ensures that partnership agreements are being fulfilled.
Associate Director of Programming Opportunities
The Associate Director supports the Chapter board in identifying internal and external programming partnership opportunities and leads efforts to develop these opportunities into events and programs that are in the Chapter’s best interest and of benefit to membership.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Not ready to commit to joining the Chapter board quite yet?
We’re also looking for members to join various committees to support AIGA Minnesota’s programming and initiatives throughout the year. Specific roles and time commitment will vary by committee.
Opportunities currently available:
– Design Show
– Emerging Designers (0-5 years of experience)
– Established Designers (5+ years of experience)
– Design for Good
– Sustainable Design
– Communications: writers, photographers and videographers
To apply for one of the positions posted above, contact AIGA Minnesota’s Secretary. You will be asked to submit your résumé and answer questions about your volunteer and leadership experience to be considered for a position on the board.
Applications/nominations are due Sunday, September 30, 2018 (extended deadline)